Monday, August 27, 2007

Uncle Jack Memorial Fishing Trip

Every year we go on a fishing trip run by the Jim Junod club. The trip is in memory of my Uncle Jack who was a member before he passed away in 1998. My Uncle Joe still belongs to the group and so we venture out on this 8 hour fishing trip each year. The company is always good, but the weather and fishing are not always so great, lol. This year the weather was beautiful and the water was calm (not like last year when Chris begged to be attacked by a shark rather than have to stay on the boat, lol). The fishing was pretty good too. Lots of people were catching fish - someone caught a 5lb flounder! I caught 5 fish, Karen caught 16, and Jen caught 8. Not sure how many Kevin, Uncle Joe and Steve caught as they were down the line from me but they did have some catches too. Out of all of our catches though, only 2 were keepers - both caught by Karen. All I got to keep was a NASTY sunburn! It was only 7am when we left and I thought "oh, I'll put on sunblock in a little bit". Well, I got involved in fishing and totally forgot until it was already way too late! By Sunday, it didn't look so bad but on Sat night... Oh my goodness, I looked like a tomato!!! Two new "victims" (Jen and Steve) joined us this year and Jen had a great time but Steve joined the ranks of Joseph, Chris, Chrissy, and John. He was a trooper though and still fished and tried his best to fight off feeling sea sick. Hope they'll both join us again next year! :-)

Jen striking a pose
As our guys would say... Sea Hags! LOL
Hmmm... where's Mike? He chickened out on us!Jen and SteveKatie took this terrible picture of me but
I had to include it to show my "lobster look"

No comments: