Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Big Girl Bed

On her birthday, Katie climbed out of her pack-n-play for the first time at Mom-Mom's house. Then on Sunday and Monday, she climbed out of her crib and she was insistent that she wasn't sleeping in her cribbie any more. So tonight, we took the front off of her crib and gave her a big girl bed, :-(. She was so excited and kept jumping on to the bed and then rolling off.

I wasn't sure how she'd do when I put her to bed tonight but so far, so good. She fell asleep watching Barney in my room and I carried her into her bed. She laid right down with no problem so hopefully she stays asleep all night. I told her she can't get out of the bed until the sun is out again in the morning so we'll see how that goes! Can't wait for the bed rail to get here tomorrow. I'll feel much better about her sleeping in the bed once that's up. Right now I just laid pillows beside the bed in case she falls off. It's only about a 9-12 inch drop so not too bad but still enough to jolt you out of your sleep!


I was really hoping she'd stay in the crib longer (for my own convenience and sanity, lol) but I'm sure we'll all adjust to any new sleeping schedule...


Daddy taking out the screws for the front
Katie helping out
Trying the new big girl bed for the first timeRolling off and cracking herself up!
Getting used to the idea of a big girl bedSound asleep...

No comments: