Thursday, October 18, 2007

My Favorite Girl

Katie and I have this thing where I start with an "I love you" and she says "I love you" back. Then I say "I love you the most!" and she says "I love YOU the most!". This goes back and forth for a few minutes and usually ends in silliness with me saying things like "I love you like a fat kid loves cake" and Katie cracks up, even though she doesn't know what it means (well, at least I don't think she's old enough to get that joke!).

So tonight we're going through this and I said "I love you the most. You're my favorite girl!" and Katie said "I love you the most!" in response. So I said "Who's your favorite girl?" fully expecting her to say me. But guess who's her favorite girl - Olivia! Her answer to my question exactly was "Livi's my favorite girl. She lives at her house. Her name is Olivia."

Well, jeez, I see where I rate with Katie now (somewhere behind Livi at the least, and likely behind "Jules" and Maddie too, I'm sure!). It's ok, behind Katie, they're my favorite girls too! :-)

P.S. - I will eventually get to filling in those other posts. If only I could find some time...

No comments: