Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Maybe Next Year...

Last year, we didn't even attempt to take Katie to see Santa at the mall because when she saw Pop in his Santa suit she freaked even though she knew it was him. This year she is excited about Santa so we asked her if she wanted to go sit on his lap and tell him what she'd like to have for Christmas. She was all set to visit him until the moment we walked up. Then she grabbed on to me like I was about to throw her to wolves and she would not let go! I couldn't pry her off of me to sit with Santa. He gave her a taffy to try to entice her but it wasn't enough. I don't think anything would have been enough! So I decided we'll just have to try again next year... Oh well!

Oh, of course as soon as we walked away she started saying "I want to see Santa!" but when I asked her if she wanted to go back and sit with him, she wasn't the least bit interested! So we just stood on the outside and watched the other kids talk to Santa and that was good enough for her!

No comments: