Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Swim Time

Today it was ridiculously humid (it was NOT like that in Myrtle Beach!) so Joseph and I decided we wanted to buy Katie (ok, all of us) a pool for this year. We decided on a 10 ft, 30" pop-up pool - tall enough that Joseph and I can sit in it to cool off and shallow enough that Katie can play and stand in it without having to actually swim.

We picked Katie up from school early today and surprised her with the pool. She loved it!

Wondering what the 'surprise' would be
"It's my pool!"
She wanted to get in it right away and there wasn't even water in it yet, LOL
Joseph and Katie hopped in while it was filling up but it was so cold, I decided to stay out.Katie about to take a spill out of the float ring!
Katie finally convinced me to get in. I was only numb from the cold for a few minutes!
What do you mean swim time is over???
Katie stripped off her bathing suit and couldn't understand why I didn't want her running around the yard naked!
I guess the pool wore her out because this is what happened while watching Mary Poppins tonight.
Katie rarely falls asleep before she gets to her bed, so she must've been really tired!

No comments: