Sunday, December 07, 2008

Damn Friggin' Tree

Joseph brought up the Christmas tree on Friday night and we spent yesterday rearranging furniture and finding a good spot for it. Finally this morning everything was back in order and we were able to get it decorated. Joseph and Katie put on most of the ornaments this year and I was in charge of candy canes and bows. I think it turned out pretty nice, if I do say so myself!

But I bet you're wondering why this post is titled "Damn Friggin' Tree", right? Well after we were all finished, Katie wanted to play with her kitchen stuff and wanted to take the bucket into the family room. Joseph told her that it had to stay in the livingroom because he didn't want a mess in the other room. Katie got all PO'ed and said there was no room. Joseph started to head towards the living room with her and said "show me why there's not enough room to play in there". Her matter-of-fact response... "Well, the damn friggin' tree is in the way, taking up all of the space!" Joseph and I just about died laughing! We couldn't bring ourselves to correct her for saying that because we were laughing so hard. I know, bad Mom & Dad, lol!

Our "damn friggin' tree"
(which, for the record, is in the corner of the room taking up
no more space than her toys that are usually in that spot!)

No comments: