Friday, January 16, 2009

Sister-To-Be

The hospital has a program for the big brothers and sisters-to-be to help them get ready for the arrival of their new little family member. Katie and I went tonight and she learned all about what Bubba is doing while he's in my belly (she thought it was funny that he burps in there!) and what life will be like once he's born. They pretended to change a diaper and Katie did a pretty good job. She told me after that her job is going to be to put the 'sticky things 'on while someone holds the diaper down for her. I wonder how long that will last, LOL.

We went up to the nursery and they brought 2 babies to the door for the kids to see a 'real' baby. Katie was completely mesmerized by the 'itty bitty babies' as she called them (and I have to agree - they were both only 5lbs, 6ozs!). When she told Daddy about the night she said the "babies cried, they cried a lot..." I told her to get used to that for a while, lol.

1 comment:

Karen, Chris, Maddie, Kyra said...

5lb babies...they make them that small? Not in our family!! LOL