Sunday, April 05, 2009

Today was a good day!

Joseph has been gently reminding me ;) that I should get Katie out more now that the weather is starting to get nicer. I always feel like I have so much housework to do (laundry is never ending these days!) and by the time I have the house in order the day is mostly wasted. So today I decided to take his advice and I went with my family's mantra (so says Joseph) - Party first! I ditched the chores and we went shopping, had a picnic lunch and played at the park - even watched some motorcross racing time trials, went to Mom-Mom & Pop's to hang out with them and Aunt Karen and Uncle Chris, and we topped it off with margaritas. To the rest of us, that would be Rita's Water Ice but Katie kept asking when we were going to get margaritas, LOL. We had a great day! It was completely relaxing and carefree. I think I'm going to aim for more days like today, :-).
Started the day off just chillaxin'
Enjoying our picnic lunch
Trying not to complain about all of the wind.
It was really windy!
Who needs sunglasses?
Katie was like a monkey climbing everything without hesitation.
There was motorcross time trials happening at the other end of the park.
We walked down to check it out and we even saw Lightning McQueen but it was so fast I wasn't able to catch a pic!
Watching the "Crazy Cars"
Catching Some Rays!
Ready to take flight!
It was rather amusing watching Maddie try to get out of this thing! LOL
We were having a great time and then 'tragedy' struck! :-(
Katie fell about 4 or 5 feet to the ground from a slide and did a face plant in the wood chips.
Luckily the scraped up face was the worst of it and she was fine otherwise.
Sitting out front of Mom-Mom's house enjoying every last minute of the nice day before it got dark.
Tomorrow it's supposed to rain all day... Boo rain!
Katie should sleep good tonight. She was busy all day long!

1 comment:

Karen, Chris, Maddie, Kyra said...

Where's the video of Maddie trying to do tumbles! LOL