Sunday, January 27, 2008

The Sod House Project - Day 2 (Building a House)

Mixing up the strips of "sod"
Laying the first row of sod
Working Hard
The walls are up and now it's time to raise the roof.
(and yes, I say that with hands pumpin' up in the air, LOL)Maddie and Joseph working on the roof while I glue in the garden veggies.
I think Joseph likes this project better than Maddie does!
(But she's been working really hard to get it done,
they're having fun and she's learning along the way.)
Here's how it looks at the end of the day today:

Maddie and Joseph are going to finish it up next Monday with a sod and clay roof, a fence around the garden, some farm animals and some other pioneer-type decorations. I know I'm a little biased but this thing looks great! And I've learned something too because I never heard of a sod house before this project so Maddie and Joseph have been teaching me along the way.

No comments: